2016-Present Arts Instructor/Shop Clerk, Larkin Arts, Harrisonburg, VA
2013-2016 Arts Instructor, Wine and Design (Wake Forest, NC and Charleston, SC)
- Taught acrylic painting techniques to children and adults, ages 4 and up.
- Taught children ages 6-12 in after-school art program consisting of various mixed media projects, including pottery, drawing, and painting. Hour long lessons taught inside the studio as well as at local schools.
- Taught and assisted summer camp sessions.
- Able to teach basic acrylic painting concepts and complete paintings with first time painters in two hour sessions, interesting them in further art lessons. Taught kids basic skills in painting, drawing, and pottery, all to further develop their self-esteem and hand-eye coordination.
2013-2015 Arts Instructor, Abrakadoodle of Raleigh, Raleigh, NC
- Taught children aged 4-12 in local art after-school programs, creating art projects in hour long sessions.
- Traveled to local schools, creating a fun learning environment for children after school by using basic art techniques influenced by different cultures and known artists.
2014 Summer Camp Instructor, North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, NC
- Created a week long summer camp lesson plan for kids 8-13. Exposed children to different sculpture, painting, and drawing lessons based on the art and culture of ancient Egypt. Explored the museum grounds, encouraging the students to think about similarities and differences between modern day and ancient imagery.
- Worked with techniques in clay building, drawing in various dry mediums, canvas painting, sculpture building, and other mixed media. Taught responsibility in studio clean-up and organization, being respectful of each other's workspace, and being open to ideas.
2010-2013 Arts Instructor, Center for Visual Artists, Greensboro, NC
- Taught children ages 4-13 in daily after-school art programs, teaching hour long basic art concepts in drawing, painting, and other mixed media. Also created lesson plans specifically for advanced art students ages 6-12, for more involved projects lasting more than one hour long sessions.
- Created and taught lesson plans for summer camp sessions, kids aged 7-18, in various week long themed camps, including Portraiture, Alternative Printmaking, Clay, and Painting.
- Developed lesson plans for adult workshops, consisting of six week sessions (one three hour night class a week) in Portraits, Intro to Painting (watercolor, oil, and acrylic), and Introduction to Drawing.
- Developed strong lesson plans for children and adults based on art technique, worldly cultural, historic, and modern art, opening their eyes and minds to new ideas and concepts. Challenged them to create pieces outside their comfort zone, exposing them to alternative creation methods, various art techniques in dry and wet mediums, studio organization, discipline, challenged thinking, time management, sharing principles, "outside the box" concepts, determination, skill building, and patience.
2010 KidStudio Art Volunteer, Center for Visual Artists, Greensboro, NC
2009 Summer Camp Volunteer, North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, NC
2008 Illustrator, Wake County Library Bookmobile, Raleigh, NC
2003 Stencil Artist and Muralist, Casa Monica Hotel, St. Augustine, FL
2001 Teaching Assistant, Drawing II, Flagler College, St. Augustine, FL